Trouver une formation
MASTER CHIMIE PHYSIQUE ET ANALYTIQUE
Choisissez votre parcours:
- Durée: 2 semestre(s)
- Crédits: 60
- Accessible en: Formation initiale , Formation continue
- Langue(s) d'enseignement: Anglais
- Stage: OBLIGATOIRE(S2)
- Niveau de diplôme requis à l'entrée: BAC+3
- Niveau de diplôme validé à la sortie: BAC+4
Objectifs de la formation
The Master of Science in Physical and Analytical Chemistry (PAC) aims at preparing students to become experts in physical chemistry with strong skills in theoretical and practical Spectroscopy.
This program is intended for students eager to develop an international culture and looking for a worldwide mobility.
The master PAC is a program of excellence fully taught in English, providing students with the necessary tools, knowledge and skills towards doctoral studies, and/or professional industrial careers in chemical analysis. Students will develop a highly specialized know-how and a rare practical experience supported by state-of-the-art technologies.
Throughout the first year, students are introduced to the fields of specialization of the second year:
- Advanced spectroscopy in chemistry (ASC) applied to the various fields of chemistry (solid state chemistry, catalysis, sustainable chemistry, nanomaterials, biomaterials...)
- Atmospheric environment (AE), applied to chemistry of the atmosphere.
For details on the first or second year of master PAC in the university of Lille
For details on the 2-year ASC European master's course
Joint master degree developed and operated by 5 universities (Lille, Bologna, Helsinki, Krakow and Leipzig), with mandatory mobility, leading to multiple degree
Program and application: http://www.master-asc.org
For details on the AE Master:
Spécificités de la formation
- A guarantee of quality: accredited master's degree. ASC specialization is acknowledged by the European Union (Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree) awarding student scholarships and by the ECTNA Euromaster label (European Chemistry Thematic Network Association). AE specialization is linked to Labex CaPPA (Laboratory of Excellence Chemical and Physical Properties of the Atmosphere)
- Providing a sound background in Advanced Spectroscopy, both in experimental techniques and in scientific knowledge;
- Possible students mobility (ASC) within a network of research laboratories spread amongst 5 countries from a large area of Europe in an environment where they will be well looked after.
- Training for becoming experts in far reaching experimental techniques in Spectroscopy.
- Developing skills not only towards doctoral studies, but also towards professional activities in industry.
- The high level of equipment available is unique
- acquire competences which make them fit for employment as professional chemists in chemical and related industries or as entrepreneurs;
- be able to apply modern and advanced spectroscopy techniques within the framework of the most recent European requirements;
- be able to use the modern theoretical and experimental applications of spectroscopy;
- reach a standard of knowledge and competence which will give them access to third cycle course units or degree programs (Ph.D.)
The master Physical and analytical chemistry is targeting European and International students holding a Bachelor of Science (i.e. 180 ECTS) or an equivalent Diploma in the following fields of studies: Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Biochemistry or Physics.
The course is fully taught in English. Applicants must have a good command of English, corresponding to the B2 level (independent user) of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Modalités d'admission/ Conditions d'accès
International students must complete the Campus France procedure as soon as possible (campusfrance.org/en) for application to the Master and Student Visa.
Students with no Campus France agency and Europeans have to go through the university's validation procedure (contact the secretary).
Capacity: 30 places
Recruitment calendar for master PAC, first year: Opening from March 1, 2021 to April 24, 2021
Publication admission: April 30, 2021
Details of application and mandatory attachments:
- Transcript of grades (three previous years), degrees
- B2 level in English (TOEFL, TOEIC or university certificate)
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
- 2 letters of recommandation
- List of past internships (locations, hosting structures, dates, report title...)
Applications to the Erasmus Mundus ASC master's course shall be submitted through the ASC website only: http://www.master-asc.org/application.
Capacité d'accueil : 30 places
Date de candidature : Du 01/03/2021 au 24/04/2021
Date de publiation des résultats : 30/04/2021
Modalité de candidature : Dossier
Critères d'examen des dossiers :
- Un dossier détaillé du cursus suivi par le candidat permettant notamment d'apprécier les objectifs et les compétences visées par la formation antérieure
- Relevés de notes des trois dernières années, diplômes permettant d'apprécier la nature et le niveau des études suivies
- Niveau d'anglais B2 (TOEFL, TOEIC ou attestation de l'Université)
- Curriculum vitae
- Lettre de motivation exposant le projet professionnel
- Bonus : 2 lettres de recommandation et/ou liste des stages (lieux, structures d'accueil, dates, titre du rapport ...)
A titre indicatif, veuillez trouver ci-dessous la maquette des enseignements de l'année 2020/2021, déclinée par semestre et Bloc de Connaissances et de Compétences (BCC). La maquette de l'année 2021/2022 sera consultable à compter du mois d'avril 2021.
Organisation de la formation
- This 2-year master's course (120 ects credits) leads to a master's degree in “ Physical and Analytical Chemistry”, with a specialization in “Advanced Spectroscopy in Chemistry” or “Atmospheric Environment”.
- The study program is composed of theoretical courses and optional units.
- A substantial part is also dedicated to practical work and research projects, where group work is as essential as student centered learning.
- English is compulsory for all students. Besides, a French course is proposed to international students to help them in their day-to-day life.
- Moreover, two extra courses are taking place at the beginning of the year: an English intensive course for bringing everyone up to standard, and an intercultural communication module to promote group dynamics.
MASTER 1 - SEMESTER 1 (30 ECTS)
- NUCLEAR MAGNETIC RESONNANCE (5 ECTS)
- OPTICAL SPECTROSCOP' (5 ECTS)
- QANTUM CHEMISTR' AND CHEMICAL BONDING (5 ECTS)
- ENGLISH (5 ECTS)
- 2 OPTIONS (5 ECTS EACH) :
- X-Ray Diffraction
- Data process. et data analysis in physical chemistry
- Mass Spectrometry
MASTER 1 - SEMESTER 2 (30 ECTS)
- PH'SICAL ORGANIC CHEMISTR' (5 ECTS)
- METHODOLOGIES IN INORGANIC CHEMSTR' (5 ECTS)
- IMAGING AND CHEMOMETRICS (5 ECTS)
- ADVANCED CHEMICAL KINETICS AND CATAL'SIS (5 ECTS)
- 2 OPTIONS (5 ECTS EACH) :
- Experimental Methods in Environmental Science
- Spectroscopy for Biology
- Applied Molecular Spectroscopy
- Synchrotron Radiation and its applications
After the first year, students can chose among two specializations:
Advanced Spectroscopy in Chemistry (ASC).
Specialization in the applications of spectroscopy to condensed matter.
Students interested in the ASC specialization with mobility within Europe can apply for the 2-year ASC Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (email@example.com):
- scholarships available
- mandatory mobility within Europe
- multiple diploma
- admission granted for the first year with access granted to the second year if successful
Atmospheric Environment (AE)
Specialization in atmospheric sciences. Program shared with the 2nd-year specialty of the Master of Physics.
A large majority of alumni engage in a Ph.D. program
The master Physical and analytical chemistry is mainly research-oriented. A large majority of alumni engage in a Ph.D. program, with the aim of joining a research laboratory in their field of expertise or the Research et Development department of a private company.
Nevertheless, our graduate students also have the proper background and practical skills at Master's level to reach positions of responsibility (production, management, RetD) in international analytical enterprises, fine chemicals industries or in environmental sciences
FACULTE DES SCIENCES ET TECHNOLOGIES
Campus Cité scientifique - Université de Lille
59655 Villeneuve d'ascq